This video demonstrates the process of fabricating a matrix using silicone lab putty on a dental cast. These matrices can be used to create reduction guides or provisional matrices used during a restorative procedure.
- Measure out the base and catalyst precisely.
- Mix the base and catalyst thoroughly until a uniform color has been achieved.
- Form the silicone over a stone cast of a wax-up or the patient’s existing dentition.
- Create even thickness of material over all of the surfaces.
- Create a smooth labial surface and flat occlusal surface to facilitate intraoral use of the matrix.
The video featured Flexitime Easy Putty.
This post supported by Heraeus
Leave a Comment