This video demonstrates fabrication of a silicone model, made from Mach II die silicone and bite registration material. This type of silicone model is a daily occurrence in my practice as I use them for fabrication of anterior bite plane appliances, indirect provisionals, and any other time I need a quick way to get a highly accurate model.
- Alginate Impression
- Cut tip of the Mach II back 4-5mm
- Inject Mach II material in the impression up past the gingival margins of the teeth.
- Inject bite registration material up past the lingual flange of the alginate
- Turn over and set against a flat surface to create a stable base.
- Separate as soon at the bite registration material is set.