This video demonstrates relining and creating a lucia jig so it can be used for diagnosis, taking centric relation bite records, or as a transient appliance.
- Paint the inside of the plastic with VPS tray adhesive.
- Fill with silicone bite registration paste
- Seat over central incisors.
- Hold pressure on the labial
- Have patient seat to place with lower incisors
- Allow bite registration paste to set
- Trim Excess
- Check and Adjust occlusion
Bryce Adamson says
VPS tray adhesive! No wonder my bite reg material wouldn’t stay. Looks much much faster than my Triad Bond & Gel technique. Still use a “Whale-Tale” now and then? I’ve gotten by so far without one using the bite/buccal-stabilize technique you demonstrated. Nice video Lee.
Lee Ann Brady says
With the tray adhesive they can last from a few days to a few weeks. I usually only need the material to stay in during an appointment or long enough for us to fabricate their appliance. BTW, Best Bite from WhipMix is a great solution for them to wear at home until the final appliance is complete. Yes I do still use a Whale Tail from great Lakes. It makes leveling them super easy, especially when the lower incisal edges are crowded or misaligned.